Daily Schedule After School
1st – Theatre Arts 1
2nd – Theatre Arts 1 Tue & Wed
3rd – English III
4th – English III
5th – English III
6th – Conference
7th – English III
Conference Period: 6th
Theatre Arts 1 Syllabus
Welcome to Theatre Arts! This course includes active and respectful participation, reading of various scenes and plays, and most importantly CREATIVITY
Supply List (required):
- Power-cords to keep device battery charged
- Mask to wear at all times
/Major Grades: 60%
Quizzes/Minor Grades: 30%
Daily Grades: 10%
- Students have two weeks to retest any major exam grade up to a 70% (excluding 9-wks exam and semester exam
- If a student fails to demonstrate mastery on the re-test, the higher of the two grades shall be recorded.
Students shall be permitted to make up assignments and tests after an absence. It is the student’s responsibility to ask for and to complete make-up work. The student has the number of days equal to the number of days missed in order to complete make up work and tests.
I use the Remind App account for my classroom. This is a great way for me to send out assignment reminders and imperative information. Both students and parents can sign up for the account by following the instructions below. All students are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to do this in order to stay up to date with information. All information is kept private and there is no way for me to ever know a student’s personal number or vice versa.
- Get out your phone.
- Create a new text message to the number 81010
- The message should say “@sdeflora”
- Press send.
- Follow all other instructions sent to you via text.
(if you are having trouble with 81010, try texting “@sdeflor” to (315)790-6994)
Canvas Website Located on the Santa Fe High School webpage is my teacher website. This includes information about my class, tutorial times, weekly agendas, and all contact information. There will also be a monthly calendar that outlines what students are working on each day. Please use this site to your advantage to keep up with work or tutorials. Students will use this website to complete any assignments and quizzes.
ONLINE ATTENDANCE POLICY
Students that are attending class virtually will be asked to abide the following rules while attending class.
- Log in on time, daily
- Keep video on at all times
- Keep your microphone muted unless instructed otherwise
- Adhere to the bathroom break policy
- Keep video stationary
- Position yourself in a place away from noise and distractions (no music or television)
CELL PHONE POLICY!
The district will be enforcing a cell phone policy that requires ZERO cell phone use during instructional time. The Santa Fe expectations are listed below.
1st Offense – Verbal warning to put the cell phone away.
2nd Offense – Phone will be confiscated and returned at the end of class.
3rd Offense – Phone will be confiscated and turned into campus bookkeeper. The student and/or parent will be able to retrieve the phone at the end of the school day after paying a $15 fine.
TO SUMMARIZE, YOUR STUDENT WILL BE EXPECTED TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING TASKS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Keep up with notes, vocabulary, technical theatre information
- Respect the safety rules of the auditorium AT ALL TIMES
- Work in groups
- Read out loud, in groups, and independently on a regular basis
- Actively participate in class discussions and activities including acting and movement games
- Read silently on a regular basis
Actively follow along if the class is reading together
- Keep phone in bag/pocket during instructional time
- Turn work in on time
- Be responsible for completing work from absent days