1st Period Live session link- Log into canvas, click on the course, on the home page scroll down, click the orange Live sessions button , click your class period, and follow the link.
Instructor: Mrs. Olivia Hinojosa
School Phone: 409-927-3289
Tutorials: Schedule by appointment
During the course of this year, we will cover a wide range of topics concerning Human Growth and Development. Some of the topics we will cover are listed below:
- Theories of Human Development
- Prenatal Care and Development
- Development of...
- School aged children
- Young adults
- Middle aged adults
- Elderly adults
Major Objectives of Course
This course is an examination of human development across the lifespan with emphasis upon research, theoretical perspectives, and common physical, cognitive, emotional, and social developmental milestones. The course covers material that is generally taught in a postsecondary, one-semester introductory course in developmental psychology or human development.
1 – Spiral Notebook
Black or Blue pen/pencil
Classwork will be completed thru Canvas. Students are responsible for logging into Canvas each day and completing their assignments.
Tests/Projects – 50% Daily – 20% Quizzes – 30%
Policies and Procedures
All Health science classrooms will follow the Santa Fe ISD teacher/student handbook. I would like to stress the following classroom policies:
- RESPECT: teacher and each other
- Be on TIME. I am strict on tardiness.
- No food or sodas in class (sealed water can be brought to class).
- No cussing or inappropriate discussions (sex, race, drugs, alcohol, negative gossip, etc…)
- Be prepared for class – composition notebook, laptop, desktop computer, pen/pencil
- No cell phones
- Sim lab Days - Clean up after yourself.
- Treat all supplies with respect. (tools, laptops, markers, desks, sinks, etc.)
- Safety – Student will behave in a safe manner 100% of the time while being enrolled in this hands on CTE class. If student does not make a 100 on the safety test the student will not be allowed to participate in any hands on activities or handle tools (arranging, designing) until a 100 (mastery) is achieved on the safety test.
*** Any violation of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Students who choose to violate my classroom rules and procedures will fall under the follow disciplinary plan.
1. Verbal warning
2. Contact parent via Phone and Email
3. Detention with teacher after school
4. Office referral with students AP
The absolute best way to reach me to discuss grades, behavior, or any other school concerns will be by e-mail. If you call, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can. Grades and attendance can be checked on the district website regularly.
My e-mail is: Olivia. Hinojosa@sfisd.org