IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS !
Hello, everyone & welcome to art class! I am Ms. Robinett, one of the Art 1 teachers for Santa Fe High School. Art 1 is a basic course that provides a broad foundation for the variety of art courses that follow. This course is dedicated to organized presentations of various art processes, procedures, theories, and historical developments. This Art 1 class will provide the students with a strong foundation in design, drawing, painting, and vocabulary. I am excited to meet you all soon and I hope you and your families are doing well.
I know we will still have a great year and I look forward to getting to know each of you!
Remember, time management is key! Make a daily/weekly schedule with all of your assignments and take it one step at a time. All of your teachers are here for you, so don’t hesitate to contact us.
Why take Art?
- Stimulates the right side of the brain and develops your imagination and creativity.
- Promotes self-expression
- Promotes non-verbal communication skills
- Engages the senses
- Builds keener sense of perception, which contributes to better decision-making abilities.
Materials: Art 1 Fee of $30 covers tools and materials that will be used in the classroom on a regular basis. If students need to take their artwork home, they are responsible for their own materials. Plenty of class time will be given in-class to complete assignments. Any donations for supplies are wonderful! Anything is welcome especially pencils, yarn, hand sanitizer and tissues!
Course Fee: $30.00
- ALL PAYMENTS MUST GO THROUGH SKYWARD OR THE BOOKKEEPER AT SFHS.
- I cannot and will not accept any fees in the classroom.
- Fees are used to cover the cost of student's supplies needed while in class only.
- Students that fail to submit their $30.00 Course Fee to the bookkeeper will be put on a fine list until the fee has been paid.
- If you are on free/reduced lunch – that will apply to your course fees as well. Please speak with Mrs. Walton, our Bookkeeper, if you have any questions.
Assessment and Grading Plan:
- Grades will be determined on an individual basis using a rubric. All projects must be well designed and well-constructed.
- Each project will have grades at various stages of completion.
- The overall grade on a project will be compiled from multiple aspects: quality work, class participation and cooperation. The mere completion of a project does not guarantee a passing grade.
- All students will be required to present a final portfolio at the end of class for final assessment.
- The portfolio will consist of idea sketches, rough drafts, and final drawings of assignments, chapter reviews from the textbook and self-critiques.
- Students are required to, and will be graded on, using in-class time to the fullest.
- 90-100= A, 80-89= B, 75-79= C, 70-74= D, 0-69= F
- Alternative Assessment/Daily work= 20%
- Quizzes/Sketchbook= 30%
- Exams/Projects= 50%
Alternative Assessment/ Daily Work: Participation & clean-up grades are taken randomly. Vocabulary and practice worksheets that are done in one day’s time.
Quizzes/Sketchbook: Quizzes are given periodically to check for understanding of a new technique or vocabulary.
Exams/Projects: Projects are graded on basis of craftsmanship, design, and class time spent on projects. Students are given approximately 1-3 weeks to complete projects depending on availability.
Course Requirements: Full participation, attendance, and cooperation, completion of objectives of all assignments.
To get last minute updates and reminders for Art 1 download the App Remind 101.
Enter #: 81010 and send message: @RobArt121
This will be the first grade.
Parents are more than welcome to join to keep up with class updates and announcements.
Daily Expectations: To use your class time wisely and work on the project at hand as well as follow my Classroom Rules and Expectations as well as SFHS rules, policies, and procedures.
Classroom Discipline: My class adhere all of the Santa Fe High School’s Code of Conduct both virtually and face-to-face.
- 1st-- Verbal Warning
- 2nd- Teacher/Student Conference
- 3rd- Teacher Detention & Parent/Guardian Contact
- 4th- Teacher/Student/Parent or Guardian Conference with Classroom Referral
- 5th- OFFICE REFERRAL
We follow SFHS tardy policy. All doors will be shut at the time of the bell and the student will have to obtain a tardy slip for entrance into class.
10 Minute Rule - No student will be permitted to leave the classroom for any reason 10 minutes into the class period.
- Students may ask to use the restroom during appropriate times
- Ex: before the tardy bell, after the lesson, or during work time and towards the end of the class.
- It will be the teacher’s discretion to allow the student to leave at that time.
- The student may only use the restroom if they hand in their cell phone while out of the classroom.
- Once the pass is returned, they will be able to get their cell phone back.
REMINDER: Students have time between classes to get from class to class as well as use the restroom. Student who abuse their restroom time will lose restroom privileges for their entire class.