During the course of this year, we will cover a wide range of topics concerning Agriculture and Leadership. Some of the topics we will cover are listed below:
- Setting Goals
- Leadership Skills
- Leadership Opportunities in the FFA
- Structure of the FFA
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Defining Agriculture
- History of Agriculture
- International Agriculture
- Basic Animal Science
- Basic Plant Science
- Agricultural Mechanics
- Agriculture and the Environment
- Agricultural Research
- Agricultural Industries
Major Objectives of Course:
This course allows students to develop knowledge and skills regarding career opportunities, personal development, globalization, industry standards, details, practices, and expectations. A short insight as to what topics will be covered are as follows, FFA, careers in agriculture, animal systems, plant systems, agriculture history and many more.
1 – Composition Notebook
Black or Blue pen/pencil
Laptop & charger if needed
Classwork will be completed thru Canvas. Students are responsible for logging into Canvas each day and completing their assignments.
Major grades 40% Minor grades 60%
Make-up assignments or test shall be made available to students after any absence, but it is the responsibility of the student to come and ask for his/her make-up work. Students shall have the same number of days to complete make-up work as they were absent from the class. If not completed in the allotted time, the work falls under the guidelines of late work.
Expectations and Procedures
All agricultural science classrooms will follow the Santa Fe ISD teacher/student handbook. I would like to stress the following classroom policies:
- RESPECT: teacher and each other
- Be on TIME. I am strict on tardiness.
- No food or sodas in class (sealed water can be brought to class).
- No sleeping or walking around the room during instruction or class work
- Be prepared for class every day.
- No cell phones or air pods/ear buds.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Treat all supplies with respect.
- Students must sign in and out when leaving the classroom for any reason unless deemed an emergency by the teacher. The student is not allowed to leave the classroom without a pass.
*** Any violation of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Students who choose to violate my classroom rules and procedures will fall under the follow disciplinary plan.
1. Verbal warning
2. Contact parent via Phone and Email
3. Detention with teacher after school
4. Office referral with students AP
The absolute best way to reach me to discuss grades, behavior, or any other school concerns will be by e-mail. If you call, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can. Grades and attendance can be checked on the district website regularly.
My e-mail is: email@example.com