**Follow the instructions to join the live meeting each day: log into canvas, click on the course, on the home page scroll down, click "Live Sessions", click your class period, and follow the link.
Instructor: Ms. Dollie Petrosky
School Phone: 409-927-3292
Tutorials: Tuesday & Thursday
During the course of this year, we will cover a wide range of topics concerning Floral Design and Horticulture. Some of the topics we will cover are listed below:
- Identify & Classify Flowers
- Floral Tools & Materials
- History of Floral Design
- Collecting & Drawing Floral Designs
- Corsages & Boutonniere Construction
- Homecoming Mum Construction
- Floral Design for Holidays & Occasions
- TSFA Level 1 Floral Certifications and/or iCEV Certifications
- Horticulture Basics
- Greenhouse Management
Major Objectives of Course
This course is design to develop students’ ability to identify and demonstrate the principles and techniques related to floral design as well as develop an understanding of the management of floral enterprises. Some of the topics we will be covering are historical periods of floral design, floral careers, and many more. The main goal of this course is for the student to obtain a floral certification. This certification exam will be taken at the end of the year and the cost will be covered by the school.
1 – Composition Notebook
Black or Blue pen/pencil
Classwork will be completed thru Canvas. Students are responsible for logging into Canvas each day and completing their assignments.
Tests/Projects – 50% Daily – 20% Quizzes – 30%
Policies and Procedures
All agricultural science classrooms will follow the Santa Fe ISD teacher/student handbook. I would like to stress the following classroom policies:
- RESPECT: teacher and each other
- Be on TIME. I am strict on tardiness.
- No food or sodas in class (sealed water can be brought to class).
- No cussing or inappropriate discussions (sex, race, drugs, alcohol, negative gossip, etc…)
- Be prepared for class – composition notebook, laptop, desktop computer, pen/pencil
- No cell phones
- Design Days - Clean up after yourself.
- Treat all supplies with respect. (tools, laptops, markers, desks, sinks, etc.)
- Safety – Student will behave in a safe manner 100% of the time while being enrolled in this hands on CTE class. If student does not make a 100 on the safety test the student will not be allowed to participate in any hands on activities or handle tools (arranging, designing) until a 100 (mastery) is achieved on the safety test.
*** Any violation of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Students who choose to violate my classroom rules and procedures will fall under the follow disciplinary plan.
1. Verbal warning
2. Contact parent via Phone and Email
3. Detention with teacher after school
4. Office referral with students AP
The absolute best way to reach me to discuss grades, behavior, or any other school concerns will be by e-mail. If you call, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can. Grades and attendance can be checked on the district website regularly.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org