**Follow the instructions to join the live meeting each day: log into canvas, click on the course, on the home page scroll down, click "Live Sessions", click your class period, and follow the link.
Instructor: Ms. Dollie Petrosky (Ms.P)
School Phone: 409-927-3292
During the course of this year, we will cover a wide range of topics concerning Agriculture and Leadership. Some of the topics we will cover are listed below:
- Setting Goals
- Leadership Skills
- Leadership Opportunities in the FFA
- Structure of the FFA
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Defining Agriculture
- History of Agriculture
- International Agriculture
- Basic Animal Science
- Basic Plant Science
- Agricultural Mechanics
- Agriculture and the Environment
- Agricultural Research
- Agricultural Industries
Major Objectives of Course:
This course allows students to develop knowledge and skills regarding career opportunities, personal development, globalization, industry standards, details, practices, and expectations. A short insight as to what topics will be covered are as follows, FFA, careers in agriculture, animal systems, plant systems, agriculture history and many more.
1 – Composition Notebook
Black or Blue pen/pencil
Classwork will be completed thru Canvas. Students are responsible for logging into Canvas each day and completing their assignments.
Tests/Projects – 50% Daily – 20% Quizzes – 30%
Policies and Procedures
All agricultural science classrooms will follow the Santa Fe ISD teacher/student handbook. I would like to stress the following classroom policies:
- RESPECT: teacher and each other
- Be on TIME. I am strict on tardiness.
- No food or sodas in class (sealed water can be brought to class).
- No cussing or inappropriate discussions (sex, race, drugs, alcohol, negative gossip, etc…)
- Be prepared for class – composition notebook, laptop, desktop computer, pen/pencil
- No cell phones
- Design Days - Clean up after yourself.
- Treat all supplies with respect. (tools, laptops, markers, desks, sinks, etc.)
- Safety – Student will behave in a safe manner 100% of the time while being enrolled in this hands on CTE class. If student does not make a 100 on the safety test the student will not be allowed to participate in any hands on activities or handle tools (arranging, designing) until a 100 (mastery) is achieved on the safety test.
*** Any violation of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Students who choose to violate my classroom rules and procedures will fall under the follow disciplinary plan.
1. Verbal warning
2. Contact parent via Phone and Email
3. Detention with teacher after school
4. Office referral with students AP
The absolute best way to reach me to discuss grades, behavior, or any other school concerns will be by e-mail. If you call, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can. Grades and attendance can be checked on the district website regularly.
My e-mail is: email@example.com