**Follow the instructions to join the live meeting each day: log into canvas, click on the course, on the home page scroll down, click "Live Sessions", click your class period, and follow the link.
Instructor: Ms. Dollie Petrosky
School Phone: 409-927-3292
To be prepared for careers in the field of animal science, students need to enhance academic knowledge and skills, acquire knowledge and skills related to animal systems, and develop knowledge and skills regarding career opportunities, entry requirements, and industry expectations. To prepare for success, students need opportunities to learn, reinforce, apply, and transfer knowledge and skills in a variety of settings. Suggested small animals which may be included in the course of study include, but are not limited to, small mammals, amphibians, reptiles, avian, dogs, and cats.
1 – Composition Notebook
Black or Blue pen/pencil
Classwork will be completed thru Canvas. Students are responsible for logging into Canvas each day and completing their assignments.
Tests/Projects – 50% Daily – 20% Quizzes – 30%
Policies and Procedures
All agricultural science classrooms will follow the Santa Fe ISD teacher/student handbook. I would like to stress the following classroom policies:
- RESPECT: teacher and each other
- Be on TIME. I am strict on tardiness.
- No food or sodas in class (sealed water can be brought to class).
- No cussing or inappropriate discussions (sex, race, drugs, alcohol, negative gossip, etc…)
- Be prepared for class – composition notebook, laptop, desktop computer, pen/pencil
- No cell phones
- Design Days - Clean up after yourself.
- Treat all supplies with respect. (tools, laptops, markers, desks, sinks, etc.)
- Safety – Student will behave in a safe manner 100% of the time while being enrolled in this hands on CTE class. If student does not make a 100 on the safety test the student will not be allowed to participate in any hands on activities or handle tools (arranging, designing) until a 100 (mastery) is achieved on the safety test.
*** Any violation of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Students who choose to violate my classroom rules and procedures will fall under the follow disciplinary plan.
1. Verbal warning
2. Contact parent via Phone and Email
3. Detention with teacher after school
4. Office referral with students AP
The absolute best way to reach me to discuss grades, behavior, or any other school concerns will be by e-mail. If you call, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can. Grades and attendance can be checked on the district website regularly.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org